Thursday, November 01, 2007


Towel and Stove.
There comes a time in one's development that we have to look for new things to paint, draw and create. Here is such a time for me. I am in need of a break from the figure work and the work on the Italy paintings.
So how does one find something new to paint? I began by looking at the things that were significant in my life. I made a list. It all boiled down to those items that make life feel comfortable and at home. So, I looked at old things. Places the old things have been as a means of touching the lives of the living. My mother in law always surrounded the family with antiques and things from the past. I believe, in effort to help us all feel a part of the importance those items played in helping to mold us into what we all have become.
Here lies the importance of who I am. So, at least for now, I will look toward old things in order to make sense of the new ideas.
I am not trying to be specific. I hope to find a new loose quality and perhaps a loose style. I want very much for the work to take me, not for me to take it.
here goes...

No comments: