Monday, October 23, 2006


Daily Painting. Pear.

Do you ever put off doing something and then just give up your arguement with yourself and just do it anyway? I have not had my oil paints out for about thirteen years. I have been wrestling with this for sometime. Finally, last Thursday, I just went out and bought seven little 6x6 inch canvases. Promising myself to paint everyday. I do paint everyday, but not in oil. I can't stop now. Driven to paint I am. It is so not important what it is that I paint, so long as I can move the brush and use my eyes.

Here is the result of the first painting. Painting everyday, but not always completing a painting. Three more are on the way, two are done but need to dry. How do people photograph the little wet paintings? Mine are taking several days to dry. The flash on the camera created too much glare, so I scanned this one. For sale. Thanks for looking at my work!

No comments: