Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oil Painting Still Life Toni's Scarves


In honor of my friend and colleague, this painting is complete. My friend Toni is an amazing weaver and fiber artist. This painting is inspired by her. Actually, a whole series might now emerge. Quiet places where I might find the simple articles of clothing hanging. At our Meeting, for example, we always have a couple jackets and hats left behind. Months go by and we still see them. There's a painting waiting to be done. I have seen others' do paintings of clothing, without the people in them. Quiet. Leaving us guessing as to what went on before that very moment where we as the viewers come in. Like all paintings, we have a story to tell. Mine will continue to be the Light and atmosphere in those places. Quiet places.



16" x 20" oil on stretched canvas. NFS yet.

1 comment:

Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Oh yes, Wendy, I vote for the series! I really like the whole concept, and the arranging of colors and objects gives an almost abstract feeling.