Saturday, January 20, 2007



"watercolor figure painting: In Meeting"

7" x 7" watercolor painting on 300lb Arches cold press paper

I am not sure I am done with this one. What do you think? I am thinking I could use some darker definition. The background feels light and its okay, but perhaps against the dark wood floor the light is too light. I am happy with the figure though. She is quiet and still the way I have been working to have her. I have painted this several times now, although each time I leave more and more out of the painting, trying to simplify. I will work up the next one as a larger painting.

1 comment:

kate said...

I love the woman sitting and reflecting. I think it would help to have a darker, but subtle background - to give the seated woman a bit more prominence.

It is a beautiful painting.